Hey y’all! Thanks for stopping by AMS today 🙂 I wanted to chat about one of my favorite things… moisturizers . No, I’m not lying it’s actually one of my favorite things. One of my largest pet peeves is having dry skin, especially dry hands. IDK why, but dry hands or legs makes me cringe. I have hand creams in every single bag of mine and moisturizers in every corner of my room.
The key to having glowing and good looking skin is to care for it and keep it hydrated. This is also crucial if you get spray tans and want it to last awhile. When I jump out of the shower, I use a body oil. Some prefer a body oil before the shower and then hop in to rinse it off, but I like mine after and to soak into my skin. This Neutrogena one is affordable and looks really amazing on, also coconut oil is a great alternative. Once I let the body oil soak into my skin, I add a simple lotion. You can pick these according to how dry your skin is but Lubriderm has a lot of options. I always go for the lotions that are for ‘extra dry’ skin even if my skin isn’t normally that dry. I throw a hand cream into my bag for the day to continue to moisturize whenever.
How To Make A Spray Tan Last:
Pre- Spray Tan:
– DO NOT moisturize: You want your skin to be a little brittle to fully absorb the spray tan
– You can put a little lotion on your hands before you go in so that your hands aren’t that gross orange color
Post Spray Tan:
– Wait as long as you can to shower so it can fully develop
– After you shower: Moisturize everything. I recommend the Lubriderm lotion but avoid using a body oil right after because a lotion heavy in oil can actually make your tan slip off.
– Try to avoid heavy exercise, chlorine, and sweat as this will again strip your tan
Those are my little tips (a lot of them you’ve probably heard before) for making a spray tan last. I’m in no way a pro at it, I recently received a very orange spray tan and was NOT happy haha.
Stock up on your moisturizers and get to moisturizing NOW before the heat of the summer gets here and dehydrates us all. I’ll link some moisturizing options below:
This post was sponsored by the mentioned brands. Thanks for supporting the brands that make AMS possible.