Happy Monday sweet friends! I had a crazy busy weekend filled with my best girlfriends. I loved it but am ready to hit the books this week and get on top of things.
I got SO much feedback throughout my whole trip to New Orleans about my outfits, and suggestions to post what we did. We had a BLAST there and definitely recommend it to everyone. We stayed 5 days, with 3 full days in the city. It’s a place of fun, music, and AMAZING food. So here’s our itinerary:
Day 1: Monday
This was a driving day. We chose to drive because it wasn’t too terribly long (we drive 6 hours a lot from LBK to DFW so this wasn’t a terrible drive for us). We chose to stay in the Garden District which is just a few blocks away from downtown New Orleans and a short drive. I’m SO glad we did and I really recommend it. It’s less busy, so much cuter, and has lots around it.
- Drove 8 hours: Got to the hotel around 6:30pm
- Checked into The Pontchartrain Hotel (sooo cute, in the Garden District)
- Walked around a little bit to see the neighborhood we were in.
- Ate at Slice, in Garden District. I got the prosciutto pizza and it was fabulous.
Day 2: French Quarter
Our first full day! We woke up early to start our day and headed straight to the French Quarter and pretty much stayed there ALL day.
- Walked to Café Du Monde
- Walked through place right by it and all through French quarter
- Ate at House of Jax: Drinks and jalapeno poppers!
- Went to bourbon street to sit down on a fun patio. The people outside actually were crazy and somehow convinced us to go in but we had a blast.
- Mother’s for Dinner
We also went to Bourbon Street at night to experience it! We liked it and had fun listening to music buttttt we are seriously like old grandparents and think going to bed at 10pm and watching movies is way more fun LOL. So, we did Bourbon for a good hour and a half and went home… and didn’t go again haha.
Day 3: Bike Riding Fun
This day we wanted to get in some things on our to-do list instead of walking around aimlessly. We started in the French Quarter and ended in the Garden District. This was my FAVORITE day. Simply because we ate at the best places and rode bikes all around the prettiest neighborhoods as well as Magazine St.
- Café Beignet
- We Rented bikes:
- Biked all through Garden district & Magazine St.
- Affogato bar: Ice Cream with a shot of espresso on it. SO freaking good and I’m craving it while writing this.
- Dinner at Willa Jean: Amazing atmosphere and really unique, good food.
- Rooftop bar at hotel: This was the best thing about our hotel. You get a full skyline view of downtown NOLA and the bridge. The view is simply stunning and the bar is so neat and has a young vibe.
Day 4: A day of FOOD
We stayed in the Garden District this day to shoot a bunch of things and get in our last minute food destinations. Magazine St. is right by our hotel and is full of restaurants, and the MOST ADORABLE boutiques. They’re decorated beautifully, like everyone I went into I was like, can I move in here??
- Breakfast: Trolley Station Café (Not good, don’t recommend!!! We just wanted something quick and it was right next to the hotel but we regret it right after hahaha)
- Walked Garden District
- Lafayette Cemetary
- Magazine St: Sucre for a Sundae, went into all the boutiques, people watched.
- Late lunch at Commanders Palace: 25 cent martinis and such a fun experience
- Walked Magazine St. More
- Dinner at Joey K’s (On diners, drive ins, and dives) One of our favorite restuarants there and was casual, affordable, and DELICIOUS food.
- Ice cream at Creole Creamery: So many fun flavors, including alchoholic ones.
Day 5: Friday & Last Morning
We woke up and checked out by 10am. We had one last breakfast place on our list that was right in the Garden District. We waited about an hour and got into Surrey’s. Which was amazing and a serious must-do when you’re there!
Then we made the drive home. We had the best time ever and New Orleans is such a fun and easy trip to make from Texas. Did you catch the first day’s outfit post?
Shop The Post:
Romper (sold out) but similar below! Necklace: Taudrey